Mastectomy & Lumpectomy Bra Fitting
* Aak us about our Lay-a-away program
Mastectomy, Lumpectomy & Reconstruction Fitting
Our Mastectomy, Reconstruction & Lumpectomy Fitting Specialist Alicia Vianga
is committed to helping improve the quality of life for women who are undergoing or have had breast cancer surgery.
It is our goal to help women look and feel beautiful, confident, and comfortable.
Our Basic Mastectomy Advice:
Our bra fitting specialist Alicia Vianga has been professionally and specifically trained to fit our mastectomy friends.
- When you make your first mastectomy bra purchase you give yourself at least two bras to start with. You need to have bras for everyday use, sports and evening wear.
- Bras should have a pocket, as the prosthesis will fall away from the chest wall as you bend forward.
- We recommend that our customers are fitted every six months.
- If you have prosthesis on one side, when fitting a new bra make sure that you fit your breast first and adjust the bra as required, then add your prosthesis. If you have had a double mastectomy, fit the bra to you and then add both your prosthesis and adjust the bra as required.
- Make sure that you move around in your new bra. Lift your arms above you head if you can and make sure the bra does not ride up and is still giving you the desired effect while keeping your prosthesis in place.
- Because wear and tear and washing will relax the fit of a bra please fasten your bra on the loosest hooks. The Band should still be snug.
- Buy a swim wear with a pocket and put a swim pad inside so that you do not damage your good prosthesis.
- The Assistive Devices Program (ADP) is an Ontario Government program set up to assist the funding of the prosthesis for residents of Ontario with OHIP coverage. You will receive a maximum of $195.00 for a full breast prosthesis or $105.00 for a partial breast prosthesis. Please note, the government does not fund bras, temporary breast prosthesis, silicone nipples or breast implants.
- Private Insurance will often cover a certain number of surgical bras per year.
- Before coming for your fitting, we recommend that you check with your insurance provider about their coverage for surgical bras, surgical swimwear, support garments and breast prosthesis.
- Most private insurance company will pay for the balance of the breast form that ADP does not cover (less the deductible).
Please call us to book your appointment. We look forward to fitting you!
Premier Jour fine lingerie offers in-home bra fitting services for women needing private fitting for that special event, mastectomy fitting or group fittings.
Premier Jour Fine Lingerie & Swimwear 4116-654-1868